Panasonic’s new AG-AC90 camcorder combines the high image quality, advanced functions and easy operation that professionals demand in a stylish, easy-to-handle design. Its zoom lens extends from 29.8 mm (35mm equivalent) wide angle to 12x optical zoom, with a ‘fast’ maximum aperture of f/1.5. The latest BSI (backside illumination) type 3MOS image sensors deliver high sensitivity, Full-HD resolution and a high S/N ration. The camera’s AVCHD recorder section supports both PS mode (for Full-HD progressive image production) and pro-use PH mode.
The AG-AC90 gives the camera operator the field of view, the image quality and the file/video formats he/she needs for news gathering and image production. Other professional operating features include three lens control rings (focus, zoom and iris), XLR Microphone/Audio inputs and remote terminals to provide the system expandability that professional users require.
The AG-AC90 will be available in October, 2012 at suggested price of approximately £1,500 RRP (excluding VAT).
The camera will be shown at the European International Broadcasting Convention “IBC2012” to be held at the RAI Centre in Amsterdam, Netherlands from Friday 7th to Tuesday 11th September.
Main Features of AG-AC90:
29.8mm Wide-Angle / High powered Zoom Lens
The high-powered 12x zoom lens includes a 29.8 mm (35 mm equivalent) wide-angle setting. When using the Intelligent 25x digital zoom, it achieves up to 25x seamless zooming. In addition, it also features 2x, 5x and 10x digital zoom function. Panasonic’s unique Nano Surface Coating minimizes ghosts and flaring, and a high speed, F1.5 brightness enables extremely clear image rendering. The built-in 5-axis Hybrid OIS (Optical Image Stabilizer) ensures stable handheld shooting.
High-Sensitivity BSI Type 3MOS Sensors
Three (RGB) backside illumination corresponding 1/4.7 type MOS image sensors have an effective pixel count of 2,190,000 pixels. This makes it possible to capture excellent images with high definition and superb color reproduction even in dimly lit locations. The image processing circuit, which is tuned for professional use, produces highly natural gradation and sharp detail.
Easy Operation with Triple Manual Rings and a High-Definition LCD monitor
The lens barrel is equipped with manual rings for focus, zoom and iris operation to enable the kind of speedy, intuitive camera work that is generally associated with interchangeable lenses. The 8.89 cm (3.5 inches) LCD monitor (touch panel), which stores easily inside the top front part of the handle, has approximately 1,150,000 dot resolution to enhance focusing, and includes focus assist, zebra, and color bar display functions. The LCD monitor rotates 270 degrees for easy low-angle, high-angle, and self-interview shootings.
High-Quality Recording with AVCHD PS/PH Modes
- Professional AVCHD Modes: PS mode for Full-HD (1920 x 1080) and progressive (60p) image acquisition and high quality PH mode.
- HD/SD Multi-Formats: [60 Hz model]: 1080/60p, 60i, 30p, 24p, 480/60i. [50 Hz model]: 1080/50p, 50i, 25p, 576/50i.
- Dual SD Card Slots (support SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Cards). With two SD cards, a camera operator can select backup recording.
- Still shots with 3-megapixel resolution. (Still shots can also be captured during video recording.)
Specifications Supporting Professional Use
- 2 channel XLR audio inputs (MIC/LINE/+48V selectable).
- Audio CH1/CH2 with individual level controls and input selection.
- HDMI output, AV Multi output (D-connector, composite video and audio 2 channel), USB connector.
- Remote terminals enable remote operation of iris, focus, zoom and Rec Start/Stop functions.
- The upper part of the handle grip contains both the Rec Start/Stop button and a zoom speed control (three speed steps) for the lens.